Wednesday, March 18, 2009

how does your garden grow?

Planting Day! Today I (re)planted my little mini garden and I am super excited. I'm calling it the "salsa garden." Behold:

Basil and cilantro - not sure if they are going to be best buddies but I thought the herbs should stay together, partly because I didn't have enough pots and the soil in the yard is super hard.

These are my heirloom carrots I planted several months ago ( from seeds) they are little french carrots that are small and fat, I think they'll be ready in a month or two.

Three of the containers (peppers, zucchini, strawberries)...
my strawberries, which I think will be ready fairly soon!

I'm nervous about this guy, it's a Burpless cucumber and i have 5 more starters to plant, but they are supposed to be on little hills about 4' apart, this one in in the ground but it took a long time to till the soil enough to plant ( and i am still not confident that it was enough). The other thing is they smell amazing ( like cucumbers ;-) ) and I am afraid the neighborhood raccoon will dig it up. fingers crossed....

Zucchini - I LOVE fried zucchini flowers so i am hoping this one does well...
Two kinds of tomatoes - sweet 100's and yellow pear plum tomatoes...

And heirloom tomatoes...
and two kinds of peppers, ancho and jalapenos

and a ranunculus cause it's pretty...
and in the bathtub with my carrots are onions, lettuce, lemon verbena, and hopefully some beets....
I'll post new pictures in a month or two, hopefully everything will be huge then - and better manicured ;-)

Burke Decor